Followers

Saturday 25 February 2012

Hama/Perler Door Hangers

Well here is the first of my crafty posts!

Hama beads have been a favourite of mine since about... ooh... 12 years ago?

They are clean easy to use and best of all my 3 year old daughter Faith LOVES helping me create things with them! Hours of fun!

I have recently discovered and started working with the mini hama beads which are a whole new skill level! They are a quarter of the size of the midi ones and so need a tooth pick to put them in. But they create much finer detail and you can make items which in midi beads would be far too large to be practical.

The first thing I started off doing was using some computer software I have to convert pictures of favourite characters into pixelated charts. Then I decided... Door hangers!!! Don't ask me why it just came into my head! Check these out below and if you like them they are available to buy on my etsy shop:

 http://www.etsy.com/shop/upcyclingbritain?ref=si_shop

They each take about an hour or so to make that's if I've not got a pair of little hands helping... then it takes a little longer!

Moomin Door Hanger
Cookie Monster Sesame Street Door Hanger

Donatello and Leonardo Ninja Turtle Door Hanger
Raphael and Michelangelo Ninja Turtle Door Hanger

Nintendo Mario Door Hanger
Nintendo Monkey Door Hanger
Nintendo Yoshi Door Hanger

Moss I.T. Crowd Door Hanger
Jack Skellington Nightmare Before Christmas Door Hanger   









No comments:

Post a Comment